Google Expanded Text Ads are here!
Google brought one of the biggest changes in AdWords in July 2016. Traditional AdWords text ads are going to be replaced with expanded text ads, which will appear with double headlines and long description message.
In Google’s words:
“Expanded text ads are the next generation of text ads, designed for a mobile-first world with both users and advertisers in mind.”
Google has expanded opportunities and benefits for the advertisers through ETAs to promote their products but as an advertiser how much you are ready to extract the optimum advantage from this change!
What are Google Expanded Text Ads (ETAs):
‘Expanded text ads,’ the name itself refers what they are. Double in size of standard text ads. Advertisers now can display two headlines and each will contain up to 30 characters. The description texts can expand up to 80 characters. You can even introduce two 15 character paths in display URL.
- Two headline fields (up to 30 characters each)
- A single, expanded description field (up to 80 characters)
- A display URL that uses your final URL’s domain
- Two optional ”Path” fields, used in the ad’s display URL (up to 15 characters each)
Let’s have a look how an advertiser can benefit.
The advantages of using Expanded text Ads (ETAs):
The Expanded Text Ads are going to give you the maximized ad performance results. The most benefits that the industry observers identified are-
- Expanded better quality headlines
- Advertisers now can use longer headlines without punctuation limit
- Applying the combination of description line 1 and 2, now you can introduce maximum desired characters in description lines. It means it becomes more flexible.
Google claims that the ETAs have given 20% CTR increase in early test. It is also claimed that if an advertiser can use these changes strategically the average CTR will be able to jump more than 2X. Once the ad is enabled into ETAs, the possibilities of using relevant keywords expand; that is why the good ad relevance boosts the Quality Score as well as the CPCs.
Moreover, you can get a great option to implement the strongest Call to Action.
How you can be benefitted most from ETAs:
ETAs give more opportunities to introduce more quality keywords (information about products) and therefore and advertisers get increased number of quality traffic. Valuable optimization will give the best results out of ETAs.
- New ETAs furnishes expanded real estate to give an advertiser amplified rooms to introduce your products. You must utilize the additional real estate to create a brand image implying better brand perception through the ad’s messaging.
- Take advantage from the expanded headlines. As this are the first thing that the users see one must optimize the headlines accordingly.
- You get more space to describe your product details. You will be able to use this additional room to communicate with the users.
- Experts say that this new format will be more beneficial for the non-brand ads.
Now is the time to make transition to ETAs
Transition to Google ETAs:
Google has announced that from 31st January 2017, advertisers can no longer be able to create or edit the standard text ads. It means one has to build text ads through new Expanded Text Ads format.
If you are thinking to convert the ads manually, you must drop the idea. Single ad campaign owner with minimum numbers of ad copy may do it manually but for the owners of multiple ad campaigns with several accounts should not opt for this.
Google AdWords Editor will help you out. Through this tool, you can export your standard text ads to Expanded Text ads. You just have to create a new headline-2 to finish the process of transition.
The more you become familiar with ETAs, the more you come to know about creating new strategies. Expanded Text ads are going to increase the CTR with flexible bid adjustment. You can be more descriptive to be creative in communication style.